Sadly, its the last day of our trip and the day is nothing short of funny misadventures.
We check out of hotel at 12 noon and visit North Goa (Rs. 1000 to Rs.1100, no HR skills useful). As said earlier, you need to be sure what places you want to travel or else you might end up paying money without enjoying the trip. It may leave a bad taste to you if you dont know.
Thanks to Rajesh that we knew where we should go. So we visited Aguada Fort, Candolim and then headed for our lunch at Hotel Sharanam (pure veg) near Candolim. Amazing food at high rates. But its worth every bite. Just to avoid misunderstanding, roti means a tandoori roti and gobi means cauliflower out there. This is the best food we enjoyed till date in Goa.
I, Dada and Aatish fight again about how to return Mumbai. I mean we already had tickets waiting list 8, 9 10. Hehehe. So to be on a safer side we book semi-sleeper bus tickets Rs. 750 each. Boarding at Mapusa bus stand 7 pm. Bus frequency every hour. We visit Anjuna beach (Okay. Not that worth) and finally Vagator beach (The Dil Chahta Hai beach) which seemed to be a beautiful place.
Finally we move towards Thivim station to cancel our tickets. We had to reach before 5pm to get more refund. Suddenly something happened and I thought about checking the PNR status one final time… To my horror (In fact we three’s horror) the tickets got confirmed. And we thought about cancelling the bus tickets. We travelled back to Calingute from where we bought bus tickets and ran again towards the station.
I was fuming on Dada and Aatish… Luckily those cunning people took me to my favourite Cafe Coffee Day and bought me a Black Coffee… Hahaha… They successfully bribed me with the coffee and we reached the station on time.
By the way, we had to pay more to the taxi driver because of the after 6 pm charges but it hardly meant to us… Finally its 10pm and I am off to sleep on my ‘reserved’ seat travelling back towards Mumbai CST and carrying along the best memories for a lifetime.
Before signing off, a few important tips to be shared while visiting Goa:
- Always have a confirmed journey tickets so that you dont waste taking tension in arranging seats and mode of transport.
- Learn two-wheeler to enjoy visiting places at Goa. Its a big relief.
- Taking a private vehicle is much more cheaper than paying big bucks to money-hungry tourist vehicles.
- It is better to know which places you wish to visit. Beware of the vehicle driver. Technically they are correct with their places for sightseeing but they wont take you to a place of your choice if you havent cleared it with them.
- Do not blow up more money at Casinos and in case you wish to do so, make sure you have some cash left to go back home. Hahaha.
- Make sure you think before visiting discos.
- And finally… Always, be polite to the people out there. Because, whether you know Goa or not, the bitter truth is that you are their mercy.
So thats it… Hope this blog works for you.